Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sacrament prayers comparison

There aren't many prayers in the LDS church that are written down or that need to be repeated word-for-word, but the two prayers blessing the sacrament are examples of ones that are. Our priests are asked to memorize them to get their Duty to God award, but it's tricky because they are similar but not identical.

So today I put together a comparison of the two that should make it easier to see and remember the differences:
sacprayersdiff.png

Click to download a .pdf.


Any other priests quorum advisors out there? Hope this helps someone.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Wow, I have been listening to those prayers all my life and saying them for 16 years and I did not realize just how similar they are. That's a neat comparison. I'll have to do something similar in spanish to see what insight that might give.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm working on memorizing these prayers for my Personal Progress and this really helps not only to see the differences but to feel the differences. Thank you so much!

Does anyone read this thing?

views since Feb. 9, 2008