Saturday, October 25, 2008

Are you 18?

Since Iron Man doesn't come out to rent for another week on ATV, I did something I haven't done in a long time -- I went to a movie rental place last night.
"Any chance you have any copies of Iron Man left?"

"Yeah, we should have a few..."

"Great. Uh, I've never been here before, do I need to sign up to rent movies?"

"Yeah, you need to get a membership to rent movies. Are you 18?"

"Uh..."
So I've been keeping track of the last time someone seemed to think there was a chance that I wasn't 18 yet. I thought last March would be the last time, but alas -- it's now at 10/24/08. I still can't believe that to this adult lady, there was a chance in her mind that I was 17, or younger!

(For those who don't know me very well, I'm 33.)

2 comments:

Jacie said...

Yes! I am so glad I am not the only person who gets that question:)

Wendy said...

You've found the fountain of youth! Congrats!

Nice comments on your blog. Very thought-provoking without provoking anyone to anger.

I actually had a thought last night myself that I'm sure there were people on the other side who were in our position 4 years ago thinking what we're thinking now. Things could definitely be better, but they could also be MUCH worse!

Does anyone read this thing?

views since Feb. 9, 2008