Sunday, December 28, 2008

25 Man Skills

furnace.png


Just for fun, in the spirit of the last list, here's another.

Popular Mechanics published a list of 25 skills every man should know. Here's what I've got, in bold:
  1. Patch a radiator hose (um... cut-up inner tube and radiator clamps, maybe?)
  2. Protect your computer (pretty easy on a Mac =) -- I think I can hold my own on a Windows box too)
  3. Rescue a boater who has capsized (somehow I don't think the answer is "throw him a rope", so I'll hold off on taking credit for this one)
  4. Frame a wall (never done one, but I'm still claiming credit because it's easy)
  5. Retouch digital photos
  6. Back up a trailer (oh yeah.)
  7. Build a campfire
  8. Fix a dead outlet (I don't know what's wrong with it, but the answer's still yes)
  9. Navigate with a map and compass
  10. Use a torque wrench
  11. Sharpen a knife
  12. Perform CPR (they taught us as boy scouts, does that count?)
  13. Fillet a fish
  14. Maneuver a car out of a skid (and have!)
  15. Get a car unstuck
  16. Back up data (in my sleep!)
  17. Paint a room
  18. Mix concrete
  19. Clean a bolt-action rifle (it's been awhile)
  20. Change oil and filter
  21. Hook up an HDTV (um, why is this on here?)
  22. Bleed brakes (I get the concept, at least)
  23. Paddle a canoe
  24. Fix a bike flat
  25. Extend your wireless network
Thanks, Dad, you get credit for teaching me most of this.

ps. Mom, you get credit for pretty much all the stuff I can do on the "25 skills every woman should know" list. =)

No comments:

Does anyone read this thing?

views since Feb. 9, 2008