Friday, December 5, 2008

Pretend to be carefree

When asked about the responsibility that comes with being someone who has changed the world, Steve Jobs offered this interesting sidenote:
... I tend to like to on occasion pretend I don't have any responsibilities. I try to remember the last day when I didn't have anything to do and didn't have anything to do the following day that I had to do and I had no responsibilities. It was decades ago. I pretend when I want to feel that way.
Basically, he just pretends to be free and carefree for a little while.

After reading this, I thought I'd try it, and have been doing it ever since -- especially when things start getting crazy or I'm under a big deadline. Sometimes walking into work I'll pretend that I have nothing to do but enjoy the sights and fresh air. It usually only lasts a minute or two, but it's really relaxing and in a way, kind-of fun.

No comments:

Does anyone read this thing?

views since Feb. 9, 2008